Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Dear Hannah, 

Happy Birthday sweet Hannah! What an amazing year it has been. I have teared up multiple times this month (including a few shoulder shaking sobs) thinking of the fact that you were going to turn one so soon. One year ago, tonight, you changed my world forever. After being in labor for 18 hours, I was so excited when you officially made your debut! I remember being so surprised that you had a bunch of brown hair- or any hair at all. Since that life changing night, your dad and I have learned and grown so much. Thank you for making that possible. You have made me a better person, Hannah. You have helped me to learn about selflessness at a deeper level than I have ever experienced. 

Being your mother has been the most amazing experience. My very best days are the ones that I get to spend the whole day with you. Sometimes I just stare at you in amazement. You are such a smart, kind, and beautiful person. 

Your dad and I feel your strong spirit. You make us want to be better. You make us want to follow God that much more. We know that you and your future siblings are rooting for us! We are a "team" just like your dad always says. Thank you for being our "third teammate". We truly feel honored to be called your parents. 

I try to be more like you every day. I love you. I always will. 

Love, 
Mom 










No comments:

Post a Comment